Will Your Retirement Affect Your Entitlement to Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
Post-Retirement Temporary Total Compensation – Ohio Supreme Court Rules “No” In a recent case before the Ohio Supreme court, it issued an unanimous opinion ruling that “when a claimant voluntarily retires from the workforce following an injury, he or she becomes ineligible for a new period of temporary total disability while recovering from a post-retirement […]
What Happens To Your Disability Payments When You Reach Full Retirement Age?
If you are approaching full retirement age you are probably wondering what’s going to happen to your disability payments. The short answer is, there will be some transitions. However, you may not be aware they are happening. There are a series of program changes and paperwork that happen in the background at the Social Security Office. Your disability […]
What Conditions Qualify for Social Security Disability?
In order to receive Social Security Disability Benefits, you must qualify to receive them. The Social Security Office in your area may ask you to submit to a series of tests to determine your physical and mental ability to work. If you are struggling to make ends meet, find yourself suffering from an illness, injury […]
Workers’ Comp Benefits and Social Security Disability Benefits
If you, as an employee, have a debilitating accident at work, there are insurance and government benefits available to you and your family. These include: Even though the sources of these benefits differ (federal vs. state), they are interrelated and you may not be able to receive all benefits at their maximum amount. This is referred to […]
Social Security Disability Claims Process: Stage 4
Of the millions of applications received by the Social Security Administration (SSA) each year, only 30% are approved at the initial stage of the application process. What happens to the remaining 70%? If you choose to move forward in the Social Security Disability claims process, you must appeal the decision that was made during this initial […]
The Social Security Disability Claims Process Stage 3: Hearing
If you are thinking about filing for SSD, it is important to understand stage 3 of the Social Security Disability claims process: Hearing. The cycle of an SSD claim can be quite lengthy so having a basic understanding of each step will be helpful. Last week I reviewed the second step. This article will review the third step. This […]
The Social Security Disability Benefits Process
If you are thinking about filing for social security disability benefits it is important to understand the process. The Social Security Administration has divided this process into 5 basic steps or stages. The cycle of an SSD claim can be quite lengthy so having a basic understanding of each step will be helpful. Last week I reviewed the first […]
Understanding SSD Claim Process: Initial Application
If you are thinking about filing for social security disability benefits, it is important to understand the process. The Social Security Administration has divided this process into 5 basic steps or stages. The cycle of an SSD claim can be lengthy so having a basic understanding of each step will be helpful. This article will review […]
Thinking About Filing for Social Security Disability?
Filing for and receiving Social Security disability is a long process, made more so by the fact that you have medical problems and may not be not working. Although some cases are approved at the initial level, many claims end up at hearing, and the time from the initial application to hearing can extend over […]