What To Do If Injured At Work in Ohio

Cincinnati Workers’ Compensation: What To Do if Injured at Work

In the aftermath of workplace injuries, many Ohio workers often find themselves immersed in a whirlwind of uncertainty and worry. From the nuances of their medical treatment to the intricate maze of workers’ compensation laws, the list of questions and concerns can seem endless. In such challenging times, the guidance of an experienced professional becomes invaluable. Cincinnati workers’ compensation attorney Mark L. Newman stands as a beacon of expertise and support for injured workers. With years of experience and a deep understanding of Ohio’s workers’ compensation system, Mark L. Newman provides clear answers to all the pressing questions injured workers may have. He not only offers legal advice but also ensures that his clients navigate the often-complicated workers’ compensation process smoothly, ensuring their rights and interests are protected every step of the way.  To schedule a consultation with Attorney Mark L. Newman, call (513) 533-2009 or contact us online today.
Cincinnati Work Injury Lawyer

Ohio BWC Injured Workers Rights

The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) is meant to protect the rights of injured workers and ensure that they have access to the support they need to recover and maintain financial stability during these challenging times. When an on-the-job injury or occupational disease occurs, workers are entitled to certain Ohio workers’ compensation benefits. These benefits include things like permanent partial disability, temporary total disability, wage loss compensation, and more, and are meant to cover medical expenses related to the injury or disease as well as provide compensation for lost wages due to time off work for recovery. If a worker’s injury results in a permanent impairment or disability, they may be eligible for additional compensation to address the long-term impact on their quality of life. 

I Got Injured at Work. What Do I Do?

When you experience a workplace injury, it is incredibly important that you follow the proper steps and avoid common workers’ compensation mistakes to ensure you receive benefits that are proportionate to the injuries caused. This includes reporting the injury, obtaining medical care from a BWC-certified provider, and filing a claim with the Ohio BWC. We’ll go into more detail below.

Report Your Injury for Workers’ Compensation

If you sustain injuries while on the job, the first thing you should do (if you are able to) is report the injury to your employer. You’ll then need to complete an accident report in writing. It is important to report any injury to your employer immediately, even if you think it is a minor personal injury that will not require medical treatment.

Most employers will work with their employees to help them get the medical treatment they need and file a workers’ compensation claim. If your employer or the Ohio Bureau of Worker’s Compensation does not treat you fairly, Mark L. Newman, an experienced attorney in Cincinnati, Ohio, can help you file a claim to obtain all the workers’ comp benefits available to you.

Seek Medical Attention

The next thing you should do is seek medical treatment immediately. Tell the doctor how you sustained the injuries and be sure to inform them that your injuries occurred while on the job. You can treat with any doctor in an emergency or for your initial treatment. After the first visit, however, you must receive treatment from an Ohio BWC-certified medical provider for your medical bills to be paid.

Your employer may insist that you be treated by a specific doctor after a work injury. However, you have the right to select your own doctor as long as the doctor is an Ohio BWC-certified physician. When you visit your doctor, give them your workers’ compensation claim number as well as your employer’s Managed Care Organization (MCO) information. 

Attorney Mark L. Newman can help make sure you receive the necessary medical treatment for your injury. He knows the Ohio workers’ comp process through and through and will guide you through your claim.

File a Workers’ Compensation Claim

To file a worker’s compensation claim in Ohio you must file a First Report of Injury (FROI) with the Ohio BWC or the Managed Care Organization. You can complete the FROI online at ohiobwc.com or complete it and fax it to the Ohio BWC at (866) 336-8352.

An attorney, doctor, hospital, or employer may file the claim on behalf of the injured worker. The BWC will send you an identification card with your claim number once they receive your claim. 

Attorney Mark L. Newman can help you file your claim. He can also make sure that your claim meets the requirements and deadlines set by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation.

Workers' Compensation Benefits

What Happens if My Workers’ Compensation Claim is Denied?

When your workers’ compensation claim is denied, it can be a daunting and frustrating experience. However, this is not the end of the line by any means. Working with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney significantly increases the chances of having the claim approved, ensuring that injured workers receive the compensation and support they rightfully deserve.

Workers’ compensation lawyers specialize in navigating the complexities of claims and can help you understand why your workers’ comp claim was denied and how best to proceed. They play a pivotal role in gathering necessary evidence, filing appeals, and representing their clients in hearings or negotiations with insurance companies.

Call Experienced Cincinnati Workers’ Compensation Attorney Mark L. Newman Today

If you’re in the Cincinnati, OH area and find yourself dealing with a denied workers’ compensation claim, don’t hesitate to reach out to Mark L. Newman for assistance. With his extensive experience navigating the Ohio workers’ compensation system, Mark can provide you with accurate information and knowledgeable guidance to ensure you receive workers’ compensation benefits that cover all of your work injury-related expenses.

Attorney at Law Mark L. Newman will represent you on a contingency fee basis, which means he is not entitled to attorney fees unless you are awarded workers’ comp benefits. If you have questions about applying for workers’ compensation or need help filing an appeal, please call us at (513) 533-2009 or contact us online to schedule a consultation today.

Attorney Mark L. Newman Can Answer Your Questions

If you would like to learn more about what to do after a work injury in Ohio, contact attorney Mark L. Newman today. Email us or call (513) 533-2009 to schedule your free initial consultation.
workers comp settlement


The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.