Get The Help And Results You Need After An Injury
Trusted Help For The Many Kinds Of On-The-Job Accidents
On-the-job injuries can happen at any workplace and to even the safest workers. Whether you work in an office or at a construction site, you may be at risk for a severe injury. No matter what type of work-related injury or illness you have, you need compensation for your potential loss of income and medical treatment.
Mark L. Newman, Attorney at Law has more than 25 years of worker’s compensation experience in the greater Cincinnati area. As your lawyer, he will fight to get your deserved compensation for every injury that you suffered while working. This page covers a few examples of the work-related injuries that Mark has helped clients with over his lengthy career.
Common Work-Related Injuries
The most common on-the-job injury is a back injury. Health care workers are very prone to back injuries due to years of lifting and repositioning patients. Workers may also suffer from a back injury as the result of a fall, impact or repetitive motion. These injuries can include lumbar strains and sprains, herniated discs, and degenerative disc disease.
Repetitive motion injuries
Employees can experience repetitive motion injuries in many kinds of jobs, including factory, construction and office occupations. These injuries occur when a worker must do repetitive tasks hundreds or thousands of times per day as part of their job duties
These injuries include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: Carpal tunnel is a condition caused by the compression or squeezing of a nerve in the hand or arm. Carpal tunnel syndrome often causes pain, tingling and numbness.
- Bursitis: This painful condition occurs when bursae, which are tiny fluid-filled sacs around a joint, become inflamed. Bursitis often affects the shoulder, knee and elbow.
- Tendinitis and Epicondylitis: Tendinitis is the inflammation or irritation of a tendon. This injury commonly occurs because of repetitive motions or as the result of an impact. Epicondylitis, also called tennis elbow, is a type of tendinitis that occurs in the elbow or arm.
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome: This condition can cause weakness and tingling in a person’s hand, fingers and forearms. It occurs when the ulnar nerve, also known as the funny bone nerve, is stretched or impacted.
Knee, shoulder and neck injuries
Knee, shoulder and neck injuries are unfortunately common in many fields of work. Here are a few injuries that we have helped our clients with:
- Knee injuries: Including sprains, meniscus tears, ACL tears, ligament tears, patella fractures and arthritis
- Shoulder injuries: Shoulder injuries include rotator cuff tears, labrum tears, impingement syndrome, dislocations and arthritis
- Neck injuries: Such as sprains and strains, herniated discs and degenerative disc disease
Car accident injuries
The causes of a workplace car accident can range from a fender bender while doing a delivery job to a collision with another vehicle. Any kind of car accident can result in serious injuries and permanent damage to a person’s body.
Injuries suffered from car accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Closed head and neck trauma
- Spinal and brain damage
Injuries caused by environmental exposure
Workers can become injured because of environmental exposure to toxic substances, such as mold, chemicals and fumes. Poisonous substances can hurt people in many occupations, but those who work in the fields of construction, mining, welding and vehicle repair are especially at risk.
Damage caused by a loud work environment also falls into the group of environmental exposure injuries. A noisy work environment can damage your hearing and lead to permanent injuries, such as tinnitus.
Other common injuries
There are many other types of injuries that can happen in the workplace, including:
- Neck, knee and shoulder injuries caused by a variety of workplace accidents and conditions
- Amputations, crushed digits and extremities, and broken bones caused by malfunctioning large machinery and poor safety standards around these machines
- Crush injuries caused by heavy equipment, such as cranes, backhoes and dump trucks
- Electrocutions caused by live wires and malfunctioning equipment
Talk To A Knowledgeable Ohio Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Injury or disability?
Contact Us Now
Mark L. Newman Attorney at Law
3074 Madison Road Suite 2N
Cincinnati, OH 45209
Phone: (513) 721-1350
Fax: (513) 721-2301