Cincinnati Workers' Compensation Specialist
Ohio State Bar Association Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist Mark L. Newman
For over 30 years Mark L. Newman has advocated for injured and disabled people, pursuing claims for Workers’ Compensation, Social Security Disability, and Personal Injury. Mark prides himself on giving personal attention to each and every client, and has earned a reputation among both clients and fellow attorneys for achieving positive outcomes in a timely and effective manner.
Mark has represented clients at thousands of hearings before the Industrial Commission, developing an intricate understanding of the Ohio Workers’ Compensation system. He enjoys being the voice of the injured worker who is often battling a large company or the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation to obtain the benefits they deserve.
In the area of Social Security Disability, Mark guides his clients through the appeal process, gathers their medical evidence, and represents them at hearings. During the sometimes lengthy appeal process, Mark keeps his clients up-to-date and responds promptly to their inquiries.
Professional Memberships and Awards:
- 2015-2021 Ohio Super Lawyer
- Cincinnati Bar Association Past Chair Workers’ Compensation Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- Board Member, University of Cincinnati Hillel
- Vice President, Isaac M. Wise Temple Brotherhood
- Finance Committee Member, Operation Give Back
- Past President, Sycamore Athletic Club Youth Basketball
- Past Board Member, Mayerson Jewish Community Center
Mark Newman leads the workers’ compensation and Social Security Disability practices at Barron Peck Bennie & Schlemmer, an established, full-service, Cincinnati law firm. As Mark’s client, you will enjoy a professional, yet comfortable office environment, a convenient central location in Cincinnati and free parking.
Attorney Knowledgeable on Ohio Workers’ Compensation Law
Mark has an in-depth understanding of the Ohio workers’ compensation system. As a top-rated workers’ compensation attorney, Mark has been selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers listings in 2006, 2011 and annually since 2015. He has also achieved a 10.0 “Superb” peer-review rating through Avvo.
Get To Know Mark
Mark was drawn to the practice of law because he had a strong desire to help people. Throughout his career, he has focused his practice on legal areas that make a difference in the lives of injured people and their families. He has found that providing a high degree of personal attention is essential to helping his clients recover physically and financially. This is why he doesn’t take on a high volume of cases – rather, he devotes his time and attention to a limited number of cases at a time.
Mark is a life-long Ohioan who grew up in Cincinnati. He enjoys giving back to the community through various nonprofit and youth sports organizations. He has two sons and coaches many sports teams, including basketball, soccer and baseball.
- Ohio, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1989
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member, 1989 to Present Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 1989 to Present
- Ohio Association of Justice, Member, 1989 to Present
Classes & Seminars
- Frequent Lecturer, Worker’s Compensation and Social Security Law
- Ohio Super Lawyer, 2006, 2011 and annually since 2015
- Defining a Compensable Injury Under the Ohio Workers’ Compensation Act, Ohio Trial, Summer, 1992
- Intentional Tort and Evidence of Claimant’s Culpability, Workers’ Compensation Journal of Ohio, July/Aug, 1991
Mark L. Newman
Injury or disability?
We can help.
Mark L. Newman Attorney at Law
3074 Madison Road Suite 2N
Cincinnati, OH 45209
Phone: (513) 721-1350
Fax: (513) 721-2301